2.21.2012

recap : goodbye faith community church

Oh my gosh. Blogging world, I'm sorry for my extended absence. Lots has happened in the past week. But right now I'm feeling a little sentimental. Let's take a trip down memory lane to January 29th.

January 29th was my last day at church. I just got all the pictures from this day on my computer and I was scrolling through them and they made me so happy. Which I guess is kinda odd. You'd expect a sad day to bring back sad memories, and in turn, make you sad. But not really.
I got to celebrate the season in my life that these people had been a part of. I guess that's why I didn't cry at all when I was saying goodbye to them. I wasn't really sad. But just very happy to see all the people who had taken such a huge vested interest in my mom, sister, and I, send us off to a new chapter with blessings.
Many of them had filled huge rolls in my life that were empty. They healed wounds that had been inflicted on me for years. They blessed my life and were a huge part that will forever be important to me.

They provided me with knowledge. They filled my heart with love. They listened when times were tough and situations were overwhelming. And I know they will never be far from opening up their ears again.
They brought me joy. They joked with me, laughed with me, made my life so much more enjoyable just by the love they'd show through laughs and fun moments.
They helped bring my relationship with Christ to a new level by praying for me, with me, and allowing me to pray for them. God made us a family. And he is the Father.
They taught me. They filled my heart and mind with new ideas and perspectives. And that is something that I will never take for granted.

I'm doing so good right now. I love my life. The joy of the Lord is my Strength! He is faithful in showing me the blessings and wonderful opportunities that are available for me in this beautiful state! His mercies abound, and his love is never ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...