1.16.2012

phone busted, hair destroyed

I've had kind of a rough week. If you haven't noticed from my past couple posts. Two small things that happened were that I broke my phone, so I was without communication for 2 days till some really great friends lent me one temporarily. The second is that I tried to dye my hair again today. It didn't turn out great. I wanted to dye it a darker brown than I had before... the only problem is it turned out completely black. So we were scrambling to fix it, I was crying all over the place because I hated it so much, and every time I looked in the mirror, all I saw was a halloween wig that was bought at the 99 cent store.

Yeah, these seem like small irrelevant problems, (and don't worry, I'll cover how stupid my freaking out at these was) but at the time of my phone breaking, my-world-ended. I had no communication, I had no excuse for procrastination, I had no idle space filler! What was I supposed to do, read?!

And then my hair.... I could not have asked for a worse end to my day. I mean.... are you kidding me?? BLACK hair! Of all the colors that could have gone wrong, it had to be the most Gothic! AND just after I got my nose pierced??!? well this is going to go over well at the church... But forget what other people think. I look in the mirror, and I start crying. I hate how it looks! I always had compliments left and right for my beautiful hair. And it was just sooooo necessary for me to dye my hair in the first place, causing it to need to be re-dyed, and eventually ruin it with this god-awful black. Not to mention, we tried to lighten it. Some mixture with honey and other crap. It took out the harshness of the black color. But it is definitely-still-black. And along with it, a lovely amount of hair damage to make my life so much more enjoyable... This, just, sucks..


....


what am I saying? I'm complaining because my electronic device was temporarily unavailable, and my latest hair alteration didn't come out a shade and a half lighter??? Am I just the most selfish, conceited, greedy person in the world??? I have my health. I have clothes (looooottssss of clothes). I have friends and family. No one died. There's no reason I should be getting so upset about all this.


I'm so thankful that my phone stopped working because it allowed me to refocus on the things that are really important. Family.. and being in the moment. Not forgetting the little things, and being a part of taking these steps forward without being distracted by the addictions of my generation.


I'm so thankful that my hair came out black. It totally shook up my view on beauty. The dictionary defines beauty as a combination of qualities, such as shape, color, or form, that pleases the aesthetic senses, especially the sight. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that that definition is completely wrong. Beauty is not a look. It is not visually pleasing. It is not the most important thing in a relationship, situation, person, or item...Beauty, is God shinning through you to other people in all areas of our lives. (Post About God's Beauty) Beauty does not exist anywhere until God rests at the core. He, is the only thing that is beautiful.

So yes. I'm glad my hair is black. Not only does it change my perspective, but I'll already have half my Halloween costume. So.... win win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...