1.20.2012

oh how i praise him

Like in my post father, you're beautiful, I'd like you all to play this video while you read my post.



October 3rd, 2010, I heard this song, and it took on a new meaning. I had flown to Washington that weekend to visit some friends and go to Refuge at Sambica Camp. The worship team that was singing at the event opened with this song. I knew it very well, I had lead it on the youth worship team at my church, so I was excited to hear it. But as we were singing, I became filled with joy. Joy I didn't normally feel when worshiping with this song. And since, it has meant something very different to me...

When I hear this song, I think of freedom. Freedom in Christ. Like when I go to Washington, I feel free and at home. Oh how I praise Him for this freedom! A freedom I don't feel at my home in California. A freedom to not be judged or ridiculed. A freedom from worrying about what other people think. But most of all, the freedom I have to embrace my Christ with full force, and know that he will embrace me back.

That is why I chose this video. The man in this video is walking down a street, worshiping in full view of the public and not even caring that people stare, that people probably judge, that they may think he's crazy. No. He doesn't see those people. I'm sure all he sees is the feet of God. Maybe even how fortunate he is to be able to kneel before the Father and worship Him.. No matter our surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...