12.29.2011

father, you're beautiful




Today I was sitting, and contemplating the meaning of life, like I do every day when the light grows dim, and I was struck by something. Call it what you will, a wake up call, discovery, realization, I don't know, all I know is I felt something I haven't felt in a long time. I felt worthless.

Allow me to elaborate. Any time I've ever been in a good place in my life I've felt unimportant, worthless, small, and irrelevant... and it's the greatest feeling in the world. I rejoice at such a feeling. There's nothing I'd rather feel more. There is joy erupting inside my heart when I feel these amazing things roll over me like waves. Because when I'm not thinking about me, I'm thinking about Him! And when I'm thinking about Him, I see how great He is, and how beautiful he is. And then, everything else becomes irrelevant. Silly, really.. What is my problems, my life compared to Him. I'm so unworthy. I'm nothing!

And yet.... He calls me the beautiful one. Me? Yes! Me! And you!

The only reason I'm beautiful is because I was made in his image. The greatest beauty is the one that comes from the source of all beauty. The beauty that shines like a beacon of hope in the darkest and ugliest world is the beauty I possess because of HIM! It is the beauty that all can possess when we see our reflection by looking upward to the Heavens, not forward to a mirror.

I feel joy like nothing I've felt in such a long time. He. Is. Beautiful. He gave me everything. He gave me life. He gave me the ability to show the world in a creative way the overwhelming feelings of love and compassion I feel towards my Father. But the greatest of these is that He gave me Himself. He gives me His love. Without which, I'd not have a purpose to live.

God... you are everything to me. I love you more than my life. I want to be with you forever. Nobody else in the world matters. It's just me, and You. Embrace me Father, and never let me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...