11.11.2011

the music of my life

I think in music. I correlate emotions, events, and things to songs and sound. God is music to me. In fact, when I think about Jesus, I envision an early 20s, brown hair, hipster with a guitar. (I know, pretty silly) I also like to write songs. I write them at different times in my life when I'm hurt, happy, excited, nervous or scared. These songs are part of the road map of my life. When I hear a song from a month, year, 2 years 6 years, or 9 years ago, I'm transported back to that time and I'm completely lost and submerged in the music. It absorbs and consumes me, and in that moment, nothing else exists. Music is my life. I don't necessarily see myself using music as a type of career, but it will always be apart of who I am.
As long as the sun warms the earth, I will hear music in the cry of a baby and the waves of the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...