11.26.2011

is life a fairytale?

When we're kids, we're told stories like Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, the Princess and the Frog, Repunzel, and Beauty and the Beast. What do all these stories have in common? Gorgeous men, and happy endings.

When we get older, we're told that these stories were bull crap to tell children because life is really a miserable empty pit of sorrow and despair with no meaning or reason.

When we find Jesus, we're told that life has it's struggles and we come across problems and difficulties just like the next person, but that we have a knight in shinning armor who fought a dragon and won.

So what do you think? Can life be a fairytale? Or a pointless abyss?

I know for me, I live in a fairytale. Just as I was standing at the point of death, a gorgeous savior swooped in and pulled me from disaster. Now, everyday I live in a gorgeous life of love and beauty provided to me by the greatest man in the world. He has many names, Savior, Lord, Jesus, Messiah,  Christ, Emmanuel, King of Kings, but to me, he is known only as my Prince.

I thank Him for his sacrifice and his love, because without him, there would be no me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...