4.11.2012

the weak to shame the strong

I've been spending some time in 1 Corinthians. One of the girls from the Bible Study I had in California asked me what would be a good book for her to read, so I suggested this one. But we are going to do it together so I can help her understand different parts of it. This passage, I think has been my favorite. I can totally relate to it.

God pulled me out of such hurt, pain, and turmoil. Christianity was the last thing I wanted. But He so radically changed my life and pulled me close to Him, when I thought I was absolutely nothing. He made me beautiful when everything in my life said I was disgusting. And then He used my new found identity to work through the lives of people around me. I was overwhelmed that I could make a difference. Really be someone. I had become so beautiful and amazing!!

But that's where I started to fall again. Because without God, we truly are nothing. When we start to give ourselves the glory, rather than the source of glory and power, everything begins to crumble. And that's what happened to me.

God was always my number one, but He wasn't the source of my growing success and talents that were being cultivated and trained. Instead I got that glory. And it went to my head.

But of course, God sent me someone I didn't expect to change things. Someone who I didn't think was "qualified". Someone who to me was foolish, weak, and lowly. And because of that one person, my self-image, and constant selfishness, has changed drastically. I'm no where near being perfect or having this down. Everything is a work in progress for me. But I've seen where I needed to change, and have been beginning to make the change. All because someone unexpected came and gave me a whole new perspective on my life and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...