3.13.2012

moments with brandi

Brandi is amazing. Like really, absolutely amazing. As you see, I write about Brandi aaalll the time on my blog. But this one is a little more direct about her specifically. This is my second trip down to the desert since I moved. For my first one I got to stay with Brandi. We had such amazing moments together. We were able to have coffee which is a very special tradition of ours. We talked for so long. Everything she said made me so happy. I was so happy to be back with her again.

We walked around at a park later that day, talking about life and what I wanted to do in the future. We sat down, and just stayed there. Stayed sitting. We didn't even really talk. We've talked about everything, from every point of view, in any way it could possibly be talked about. But there are always those moments when we sit without speaking, just to enjoy each others presence.

We had a similar time together that evening. Watching a couple movies, we sat together and I lay my head on her shoulder. I've always been against watching movies as "time spent together", but it was late, and I knew she was tired, and it made me really happy that she would stay up to watch these movies with Dylan and Hailey and I.

This one is small, but it made me just as happy. She had to get up early in the morning to wake up Alyssa for worship, and I was playing also, so she woke me up as well. I'd been in and out of being awake for about an hour, but at that moment I was falling out of it again. But I remember feeling her hand lightly on my back, and a very small whisper... "Maddie.. it's 6." I don't know why, but I just loved it. :)

Yesterday she and I went to coffee again. We only had a little while. She had to leave for a dinner. But I don't think it ever really matters where she or I are going, or if we're going anywhere at all. All the time we spend together must come to an end. But it was my favorite coffee I'd ever had with her. She brings me great joy. Even when I'm exhausted, tired, sad, or upset, she is always able to make me smile.

But today was my favorite. After a long day, she came over to the house I'm staying at and kept me company as I babysat my cousin Malachi. After he went down, we got to talk for a little bit before she had to go back to her house to finish her dinner. But the greatest thing was that she came back about 50 minutes later. It's hard to describe. Joyful, jubilant, excited, cared about, blessed, delighted, peaceful... this is everything I am feeling when I say happy. And it's everything I mean when I say that I was so happy that she came back.

I love Brandi. That's all I can say. I just love Brandi. My greatest friend. I miss her so much when I'm in Washington. I love Brandi so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...