2.12.2012

one of those days

Today was the oddest, probably hardest day I've had since I've been here. And I know the date says it's the 12th, but I'm writing this at like 1:30 in the morning, so to me, it's still Saturday the 11th.

There was nothing specific that happened that caused it to be a hard day. I just got very overwhelmed with the amount of schoolwork I had to do and all that is happening in my life right now. I had really wanted to talk to my friend, who I hadn't talked with verbally in a few days, which hit me really hard tonight, cause I miss her a lot. I skyped with another friend that I haven't been on totally good terms with for a few months now, and though the general product of that conversation was an extremely positive one, I was still extremely anxious leading up to it, which was a good portion of the day since I didn't skype with her till later. I have so many different things happening in my life. They're not all huge, however some are fairly significant and excessive, but there are just so many things that I have to handle right now, or sit back and watch others handle, and I can't do anything to help them. It's a hard season in my life and it's very stressful.

The one thing that was good about today was church. Judah Smith is an incredible speaker. His delivery is incredible. He can keep your attention, with you gripping your chair, as you hang on his every word, even if he's talking about what he had for lunch last Tuesday. He's incredible, and his sermon was one that I wouldn't normally get that into. It was about sex. Yep, you just felt that tightness in your chest. Cause in today's culture, sex is uncomfortable. Which is why I didn't think I would particularly enjoy this message as I read the title, "Jesus is bringing sexy back". But it was the most accurate, honest, true, plain, and eye-opening discussions on the topic I had ever sat through. It was incredible and it greatly inspired me.

So it was a difficult day. There are a lot of things happening in my life right now that are really hard, but at the end of the day, it's not about me, or my life, or my issues. It's about Jesus. It's always about Jesus. It's never me... It's always Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...