1.28.2012

two days

1. Sell Everything


Ok. I need to make this fast because I have a TON to do today and absolutely NO time to be doing this. But I really want to update everyone because it's all starting to get down to the wire...

Yesterday was our last YoungLife. Greg (our youth pastor) talked about us a little bit, and opened it up to have other people say things about us that they'll miss or appreciate. My heart proceeded to melt as person after person raised their hand to say something heart-warming and loving. "This is my family," I thought, "and I'm leaving them..."

But it didn't stop there. Right after YoungLife, we were lead to a suprise going away party, thrown by my greatest guy friend of 16 years, Jonah Schuch. It was such incredible fun with dancing and cake and ice cream with friends that are like my family. They are the greatest people I could have asked to have in my life for the past 16 years, and I'm going to miss them SO much.

Afterwords I went back to Brandi's house to spend the night. Hoping to get some cleaning done for them and go to bed, I went into the kitchen to help Brandi... (this was about 11:00) Little did I know that I wouldn't be leaving that kitchen till 5 am. We pulled an all-nighter. Cleaning here and there, but mostly talking. Well... Brandi talked. I listened. But I loved it because I just love to listen to her talk. As each hour passed, neither of us wanted to go to bed, scared to lose the time we had left. We finally went to bed at around 6 in the morning and woke up today at about 9:30. I stayed with them at their house till noon, and now I'm getting ready to plug away at the mountains of stuff I have to do.

Brandi will be joining melater because we can use as much help as we can get, but that's basically where I'm at now.. In the middle of this madness and chaos of getting things ready to go, I find personal and extremely valued moments with my friends/family. In two days time, I'll be 2,000 miles away. But I know that could never keep us "apart".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...