12.14.2011

life is a series of rooms

I walked into the middle of my room and slowly turned where I stood, taking in everything I saw like it was the first time I'd ever been there. I saw my room in a different way. I saw past the clothes on the floor, homework on the desk, pictures in frames hung on the wall, art projects, books, instruments, flowers, awards, and childhood memorabilia. I saw a white room, with four walls, that was holding everything that's moved from house to house with me for the past 7 years. This room was no longer a dwelling place. It was a storage unit.
It held the things I felt were most important to keep with me through every endeavor and new adventure. This room was now a a ticking timer to that moment where I walk out, and never look back. It was also a symbol that my life will never be the same. It will move forward in ways I'm not used to, and I may not always be comfortable, like how I won't be totally comfortable in this room anymore. But my life is just a series of rooms that I'm passing through, and eventually, I will fit perfectly and comfortably in the room where I dwell along side my God. Everything in between now and then is just a space filler.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...