7.08.2012

humbled


My heart is attempting to put its current state into words to express how joyful I am at this moment in time. But I can not fully accomplish this. Because no mater what words I choose, no adjective can bring to light the wonder my heart feels right this second.

I'm gonna be super straight forward and honest right now. I am cocky. I am completely full of myself and conceited. I am not humble at all, and if any attention can be given to me, I'll gladly take it. And obviously, this is a big problem..

Last week when I was in my Saturday night church, there was a song that we sang that completely deflated my heart. It shot my big head out of the skies, and brought me down to earth. There was a line in the song that just sealed the deal. It said, "I'm humbled by the wonder of your majesty". And as I was standing there, I was overwhelmed with just that. The true wonder of His majesty.

But it didn't stop there. It went on, "One thing I know, I find all I need, in your unending love"

For the first time ever, I truly want everything to be about God. Who am I to take attention away from the wonderful God of the universe? I'm not worthy!

I experienced what it meant for the first time to truly-be-humble. And I never want it to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...