2.07.2012

wake up call tuesday {february 7th}


Sadie, the 3 year old you see above, has been talking in the third person since we moved up here. It's like, the cutest thing ever. It's a habit for her now. She doesn't even think about it. She'll come into a room and be like, "Sadie's hungry!" "Who wants to play with Sadie?" or my personal favorite "Sadie is happy today!" It's adorable!

She picked this up from her older sister Ellie. Like her habit of speaking in the third person, Sadie has also picked up other things. One day, I said the running water in the sink was annoying me, and the next day, Sadie started complaining about the noise that the running water makes.

I guess the whole gist of what I'm trying to get at is, kids are extremely impressionable. Especially at Sadie and Ellie's age. They watch what you do, think you're cool, and try to do what you do. Since I got here, I've had to be on the lookout. I can't just throw things around anymore. I have to be cautious. Even on a bad day. They will see what I say and do, maybe think it's cool, and try to copy.

There's always someone watching. Never think that it's ok, cause you're alone. Because you're not. There's always someone who is watching what you're doing. Be it young or old, you will always make in impression on people. Will it be a good one? Or a bad one? It's your choice. I personally don't want these girls screaming out things like "GOSH DANGIT!" ... Better try and stop that nasty habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...