1.31.2012

wake up call tuesday {january 31st}


I'm going to start a new segment called wake up call tuesday. Since I'm now living in Washington with the heart-breakingly adorable girls you see above, I realized that there is no way I can live life here, and not tell everyone about what I witness in these girls' lives, and what I learn from it. So, welcome to wake up call tuesday's first installment.

Let me tell you briefly about the girls you see above. Sadie is 3, and Ellie is 7...  Summary over.

Ever noticed how when kids get in trouble, they fall apart crying? I started thinking about this, and wanted to figure out why that is. Kids don't really have a lot of things they're obsessed with. i.e: iPods, phones, computers, tv, xbox. So I was confused as to why they get so upset when they get in trouble. I mean, it's not like they're going to get grounded from they're cellphone for a week. They don't have those kind of things taking over their lives. So why do they get so upset? Why when parents find them doing something wrong, do they usually start crying and sobbing?

Because they're innocent. Because they don't want to disappoint. Because they want nothing else but to please they're parents and do the right thing, that when they find out that they've done something wrong, it eats them up, and they want to make it right. Think about it this way. When teenagers get in trouble for bad grades, attitudes, moods, or whatever, they get pissed off and angry. Usually though because they are getting something taken away from them. Like their computer or cellphone or time with friends. They don't get upset because they did something bad, they get upset because they don't get to have everything that is theirs.

Or adults. If they do something wrong at a job, well guess what? They're unemployed! Even adults do it. They do the right thing because they have to. Because they need a job. Don't get me wrong, people need jobs. But you shouldn't be handling something in the right way just so you can keep your job. Instead because it is the right thing to do.

Time to stop doing things right just because I want my phone for another week...

Until next time my faithful followers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...